The Bloggiesta is over (at least for me) and while I did get quite a few things accomplished in the 12 hours I worked on it, I could spend a whole other weekend on my blog and still not get through my to-do list!
What I did do:
- I fixed almost all the dead links on my blog using both Xenu’s Link Sleuth (which I found via Karen’s mini-challenge at Karin’s Book Nook) and Link Evaluator (a Firefox add-on).
- I added pages to the top of my blog and transferred my review indexes to them (and removed my homemade menu bar); however, I still need to write a proper review policy.
- I publicized my current giveaway, which resulted in several new entries.
- I ran my blog through Website Grader (for Ruth’s mini-challenge at Bookish Ruth) and realized I no longer had any metadata, so I added some (which improved my score by over 30%).
- I visited several new-to-me blogs (and hope to visit more next week).
- I created several new Google Alerts for Emily’s mini-challenge at Emily’s Reading Room.
- I worked on four different reviews (although none of them are finished to my satisfaction).
- I finished one of my BEA/BBC posts.
- I wrote up my Mailbox Monday post for tomorrow.
- I responded to some of the comments on my blog.
- I created a favicon for my blog, finally, thanks to Trish’s mini-challenge at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’? Even though this might seem silly, this is the change I’m the most pleased with (and it took no time at all)!
- I had tacos for supper tonight, which seemed like an appropriate way to end this event!
What I didn’t do:
- I didn’t stay up all night like I did for the first Bloggiesta and I didn’t stress too much about the things I wasn’t managing to accomplish.
How did you do on the Bloggiesta? Thanks, Natasha, for organizing this great event!