In some ways, I feel like I completely blew it, as I only managed to write one review and start two others (and wrote no other posts!) and didn’t even finish replying to all my comments. However, I did accomplish lots of other things:
Mini-challenges (9 out of 12):
- I updated my Google Alerts and created Technorati watchlists (Emily’s mini-challenge at Emily’s Reading Room).
- I updated my top 10 posts (as well as just about every other post on my blog!) (Jen’s mini-challenge at Devourer of Books).
- I ran my blog through Website Grader (Ruth’s mini-challenge at Bookish Ruth) and my website grade rose from 92% to 93% as a result of completing the Bloggiesta.
- I commented on approximately 20 blogs (Jill’s mini-challenge at Fizzy Thoughts).
- I cleaned up my Google Reader and added categories for the first time (Rebecca’s mini-challenge at The Book Lady’s Blog).
- I now have a blogging buddy and will hopefully find more (Amy’s mini-challenge at My Friend Amy).
- I registered with BlogCatalog and updated my profile on a couple of other directories (Lynn’s mini-challenge at Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile).
- I spend a HUGE amount of time fixing anchor text (Michelle’s mini-challenge at GalleySmith).
- I now have a gravatar (Trish’s mini-challenge at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’), though I still need to figure out how to create a favicon!
- I updated my challenge posts (thank you to Sandra at Fresh Ink Books for inspiring me to do this).
- I updated my “similar covers” posts (in some cases replacing images with larger versions; I also added a couple of images to my collection of bowler hat covers).
- I went through my entire blog and replace all the “click here” links with proper anchoring text (the only ones I didn’t bother changing were links for obsolete giveaways).
- Using the Link Evaluator add-on for Firefox (which I found out about from Wendy at caribousmom), I double-checked all the links on my blog. This also helped me spot missing links and quite a few typos!
OK, I need to go to sleep now. I’ll do the rounds and comment on folks’ wrap-up posts next week!
*This was only my second cup of coffee in the last 17 years, so it was very effective for keeping me up all night!
Edited to add:
If you’ve read this post before and wonder why it looks completely different, I just fixed the formatting, not the content!