Monday, August 10, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week meme

Book Blogger Appreciation Week button
I’ve been meaning to post about Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) ever since Amy at My Friend Amy announced that the second annual BBAW was happening from September 14 to 18 this year. If you haven’t already done so, it’s not too late to register for BBAW and nominate your favourite blogs (you have until August 15). Once you’ve registered, you can participate in the BBAW meme (though if this is your first time, there’s a different set of questions for newbies). Here are my answers to the questions for veteran BBAW participants...

What was the highlight (something that happened, a post, an activity, etc.) of BBAW for you last year?

I had just started blogging when I participated in BBAW last year and the highlight was definitely feeling like I’d found my community. Not only did BBAW put me on the map, so to speak (before BBAW, I only had about a dozen visitors per day), it also introduced me to lots of fantastic bloggers.

Interviewing Shana from Literarily (now sadly defunct) was also a real treat—coincidentally, she happened to be the first person who had ever commented on my blog.

What is one new blog you discovered during BBAW last year?

This is a tough question to answer as I discovered dozens of blogs during BBAW. I did highlight a couple of blogs I love and appreciate on day 1 of BBAW last year and mentioned a few others in my BBAW wrap-up post. Of these, one of my favourites (just to pick one) is bookgirl’s nightstand, written by the talented Iliana.

What tips would you share to help others get the most out of their BBAW experience?

Don’t be shy to join in the fun, but also be aware you probably won’t be able to participate in everything that’s going on. Although I am considering taking another week off work in September...

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know that you really enjoyed it last year. This will be my first year. . .I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm glad to hear you'll be joining in too, it should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to participating for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete