Monday, September 15, 2008

BBAW Day 1: Blogs I love and appreciate


It’s Day 1 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week and Amy over at My Friend Amy has asked us to write a post highlighting the book blogs we love to read that didn’t make the list of nominations.

With nearly 100 blogs in my Google Reader, most of which are book blogs, there are lots of great ones to choose from and since I’m kinda late with this, I’ll stick to three of my favourites...

One of the first people to comment on my blog was iubookgirl at Reader for Life, another recent blogger and fellow Library Thinger. She writes the kind of reviews I like to read (and try to write): short and with barely any mention of plot, but with just the right amount of detail for me to be able to determine whether I’d like the book.

Another much more recent discovery is Redlady’s Reading Room, written by Bonnie, another LTer. Our tastes in books don’t overlap as much as mine and iubookgirl’s do, but that also means we aren’t as likely to be reviewing the same books. I love her exuberance and enthusiasm, which shine through her posts.

Finally, for something a bit different, head over to 1st Books: Stories of How Writers Get Started. This is Meg Waite Clayton’s blog (author of The Wednesday Sisters) but it’s not strictly an author blog; rather it’s a blog where authors guest post about their experience of first getting published. And despite the fact that all the stories illustrate how much hard work is involved in making that happen, every single post is inspiring.

Thank you to all my fellow book bloggers!

To read other such posts, visit Amy’s blog and scroll down to the links at the bottom of her post.

No comments:

Post a Comment