Monday, September 22, 2008

Mailbox Monday (September 22)


Not much to report this week, except for the much anticipated arrival of Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann, which is subtitled “A Sheep Detective Story.” (Yup, the sheep are the detectives, trying to solve the mystery of the death by spade of their shepherd...) I’ve been looking forward to reading this one since I first heard about it over a year ago. (I was waiting for it to come out in trade paperback, my favourite book format.)

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I enjoy Rita Mae Brown's series with the cats and dog and always wondered if other people find it strange to read the animals' thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always enjoy books written from the point of view of animals, but this one sounds good so far! (My partner is reading it out loud to me and we've only read one chapter so far.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, the sheep are the detectives! That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a fun book.. i just HAD to go an google it to see what it was all about!:) can't wait to see your review now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far, I like her voice, which isn't too cutesy (not my style). I'll definitely post a review, though it may take a while as this book is being read to me...

    ReplyDelete