Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Similar Covers: Dogs

Here’s another trio of similar covers, all of which have been published relatively recently: A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron (published by Forge Books in July 2010), Stay by Allie Larkin (published by Dutton in June 2010) and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (published by Harper Collins in June 2009).



Jacket Why also recently posted about dogs on covers in a post entitled “A Pack of Dogs.”

Edited to add:
It turns out that the dog on the cover of Stay is actually the author’s dog, Argo, who was the inspiration for the main character’s dog. Read about the cover on Allie’s blog, Incidents and Accidents.

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen that cover for The Art of Racing in the Rain yet! It's adorable! The cover model for STAY is actually my dog, Argo, who inspired the dog in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all really cute! I would definitely look twice if I saw this on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these covers! I'm such a dog lover that I am automatically drawn to anything with a picture of a dog on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Jen and Kathleen, I think these covers are cute too, although I must admit I'm not really a dog person, so I'm not automatically drawn to these books.

    Allie, thanks for commenting! I've updated my post with that info. Your book sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a total sucker for dogs on covers...I gravitate towards them immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you've arranged them artfully! I love how the dogs come closer and closer to the viewer (us) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! I read The Art of Racing in the Rain with a different cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a very different Art of Racing in the Rain cover ... I like this one much better!

    ReplyDelete