Monday, July 6, 2009

Mailbox Monday (July 6)

Mailbox Monday button
I received one book in the mail this week: The Impostor’s Daughter by Laurie Sandell, a graphic memoir sent to me by Hachette. I’ve already read this book twice (!) and will be giving away five copies of it sometime later this month.

I also met up with Cindy, Donna and Tina this weekend (check out the pictures over on Cindy’s blog) and for once came home empty-handed. This is the first time that’s happened since we started meeting up once a month way back in October of last year!

The Impostor's Daughter by Laurie Sandell

What did you find in your mailbox this past week? For other Mailbox Monday posts, head over to Marcia’s blog, The Printed Page.

12 comments:

  1. I've seen The Impostor's Daughter mentioned a lot lately. Hope it's a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meet ups sound like so much fun! The Impostor's Daughter must be pretty darn good if you've already read it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went home with nothing from our meet-up?! Will have to rectify that for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to read The Impostor's Daughter, I think I would like that.

    Here's mine:
    http://bookwormsdinner.blogspot.com/2009/07/mailbox-monday-july-6-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this one but it sounds like it could be really good. I love graphic memoirs!! I'll have to check this one out and come back for your giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to your giveaway for the Impostor's Daughter! I've read so many good things about it and would love to read it and win it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Impostor's Daughter right when I received it. It was hard to put down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay note to Cindy you must read those books that Avis is dying to read faster LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your meet ups sound like great fun.

    Greetings,
    Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary and Kathy, yup, I loved it!

    Donna, no worries, I still have heaps of books you've given me that I haven't started yet!

    Wisteria, be sure to come back for my giveaway!

    Staci, this was the first time I read a graphic memoir, but I'm keen to read others. I want to read Fun Home by Alison Bechdel next. Can you recommend any others?

    Pam, I hope you manage to get your hands on a copy!

    Alyce, yeah, that's exactly what I did. (And then I picked it up and reread it over the next two days!)

    No pressure, Cindy! As I said to Donna, I've still got LOTS of other books to read.

    Tiina, they are! It's been really fun to get to know other bloggers face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is making the rounds. Hope you enjoy it.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I already did, Anna! I couldn't resist and had to read it the day it arrived!

    ReplyDelete