Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bloggiesta update #1

Officially, the Bloggiesta challenge has been going on for over 24 hours, but I’ve only managed to work on it for 3 hours so far!

I haven’t finished writing any reviews yet (although I’ve worked on one), but I have (almost) completed three mini-challenges:

Emily’s Reading Room (updated my Google Alerts and created Technorati watchlists)

Devourer of Books (updated my 5 top posts as well as a handful of others; I’d like to do more for this mini-challenge if I have time)

Bookish Ruth (graded my blog using Website Grader, but still need to comment on Ruth’s blog)

I’m hoping to spend most of today bloggiesta-ing (!), so hopefully I can complete a few more mini-challenges AND cross lots of reviews off my list... Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. You've accomplished a lot for just three hours! One of my to do items on my list was to choose my THE CHOSEN ONE winner. Which I did and it's you! Send me your address and I'll get it in the mail. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-hoo! Thanks for the encouragement, Natasha and Kathy, and oh I'm so excited about winning a copy of that book, Natasha! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting idea for a challenge. I'll admit I should probably do something similar to this. It has been awhile since we changed out background haha. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off Avis congrats on your book win. Yea.

    Secomdly you got alot done in 3 hours. I have been doing things offline writting reveiws and orgnazing a calendar for reviews of books.

    Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've managed to create Google alerts, which I didn't even know about,and get the website grader. But I could not manage the other mini-challenges that involved tech stuff. I'd love to know what my top posts are-probably just the givaways. lol You're doing well in only three hours of work. Stick to those reviews, you'll feel so good when they're done and behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, so how do we know what your top five posts are to see their updates?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great! Best of luck with your goals :)

    I'm going to tackle google alerts next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Padfoot & Prongs! I need to change my layout too, although I'm afraid to screw the whole thing up.

    Thank you, Cindy! (You can of course read it once I'm done with it!) I really need to get offline and work on my reviews...

    Sandra, I use Google Analytics to figure out my top posts (and I exclude giveaways when I figure out what they are). Thanks for the encouragement!

    Brogan, the updates are not that interesting if you've already seen the posts; all I'm doing is checking for typos and fixing links... But I'll let you know what they are if you still want to know!

    Thanks, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete