Friday, June 19, 2009

Bloggiesta starts now!

Natasha at Maw Books came up with this great idea: The Bloggiesta challenge asks us to focus on “blog content, improving/ cleaning up your blog or working on your social network profiles.” In other words, catching up! It officially started at 8 a.m. today (in whatever time zone you are in) and runs for 48 hours. I’m hoping to spend 12 hours on it at least, but we’ll see! (I’m going out to lunch with clients today, so that will definitely cut into my day.)

My priorities are:
  • writing book reviews (I have 18 to write at the moment!)
  • replying to comments on my blog (I’m at least two weeks behind)
  • cleaning up my blog
  • writing an opinion post
Reviews are really the top priority—ideally I’d like to write at least six.

These are the books I need to review:
Are you participating in this challenge? Do you have any suggestions for how I can improve my blog? Please let me know!

*These are books I accepted for review. I may or may not review all the others.

10 comments:

  1. I have a ton of book reviews to write as well! And blog comments, yep behind on that too. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your reviews! I have quite a few myself so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avis- I am in the challenge too but haven't done anything apart from my intro post. Will be plugging away tonight on it though.

    Good luck. I am with you on the reviews too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really participating in the Bloggiesta, but I am getting caught up on a few things.

    I have an award for you: http://ultimatebookhound.blogspot.com/2009/06/bit-about-me-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck. I didn't take up the challenge officially, but I might unofficially do it..if that makes sense. LOL Try and get some more reviews written and read some more stuff, etc. etc.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your reviews are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please review "skin deep"...if only because there's a copy of it waiting for me at home and I want to know if I should read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody for your encouragement!

    Natasha, this is such a great idea; I hope it's only the first of many Bloggiestas!

    Kathy, Lauren and Sandra, thank you!

    Nicole and Cindy, good luck with your reviews!

    Vanessa (NotNessie), thank you for the award!

    Brogan, duly noted! I'll try to get to that one soon. (I did enjoy it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder, I need to add writing my review of The Local News to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete