October is Book Fair Month in my world, although I won’t be going to the Quebec City Women’s Club Book Fair in Quebec City this year. (The McGill Book Fair starts tomorrow and I’ll be there!) To make up for missing the one in Quebec City, I attended the Concordia Used Book Fair this year, although I was only there for the last hour on the second (and last) day. I still managed to score three books I wanted:
- Alone! Alone!: Lives of Some Outsider Women by Rosemary Dinnage
- Jane and the Barque of Frailty by Stephanie Barron
- This Body of Death by Elizabeth George
I also received two books I’d ordered this week:
- Carnival Evening: New and Selected Poems 1968-1998 by Linda Pastan
- The Dance of Fear: Rising Above Anxiety, Fear, and Shame to Be Your Best and Bravest Self by Harriet Lerner
What did you find in your mailbox this past week? For other Mailbox Monday posts, head over to Savvy Verse & Wit.