Thursday, August 11, 2011

Really Random Thursday: Vacation and October Read-along Announcement

I know it’s not Tuesday, but this is random, so you’re getting a Really Random Thursday instead. I just wanted to let you all know that I’m off to the Maritimes for a couple of weeks, so I won’t be commenting as much as usual. My Internet access will be sporadic at best. (I will be at the beach!)

I will still be posting regularly: I’ve got two guest reviews from my sister Brogan coming up as well as “similar covers” posts and read-along posts (although the discussion will take place on Carrie’s blog, Books and Movies, for the next two weeks).

Wherever You Go by Joan LeegantSpeaking of read-alongs, Carrie and I have selected our next read-along book, for the month of October: Wherever You Go by Joan Leegant.

From the author’s site:

In a sweeping, beautifully written story, Joan Leegant weaves together three lives caught in the grip of a volatile and uncompromising faith. Yona Stern has traveled to Jerusalem from New York to make amends with her sister, a stoic mother of five dedicated to the hard-line West Bank settlement cause. Mark Greenglass, a gifted Talmud teacher and a former drug dealer saved by religion, has lost his passion and wonders if he’s done with God. Enter Aaron Blinder, an unstable college dropout with a history of failure who finds a home on the radical fringe of Israeli society. Emotionally gripping, timely and prophetic, Wherever You Go tells the story of three Americans in Israel and the attractions—and dangers—of Jewish religious and political extremism.

What do you think? Sounds good, right? I hope some of you will join us!

Oh and check out this article about the Montreal Book Bloggers over at The Savvy Reader!

Also, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for the fantastic memoir, The Glimpse Traveler by Marianne Boruch!
_______________________________________________

Really Random Tuesday is hosted by Suko at Suko’s Notebook. Feel free to join in, copy the button and link back to Suko’s blog.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your trip sounds like loads of fun! Stay at the beach and don't comment at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific twist on this meme--will Mailbox Wednesday be next? Enjoy your trip, Avis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! A beach vacation sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have so much fun on your vacation! And I am looking forward to our October read-along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip. A beach break is always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete