After months of not buying any books, I finally went on a trip to visit my sister, who lives in British Columbia. (You may remember that one of the exceptions to my book-acquiring ban was that I was allowed to buy books on trips!) We spent Easter weekend in Portland, so of course I went to Powell’s Books (twice!) as well as to Title Wave, which sells books that used to be owned by the Multnomah County Library system. In all, I bought 18 books, but only 7 of them came home with me in my suitcase; the other 11 are still in the mail.
Here are the books that came home with me:
- Skim by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki (which is my favourite graphic novel so far)
- jobnik! an american girl's adventures in the israeli army by Miriam Libicki
- The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark by Sera Beak
- Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos and Altered Books by Linda Woods and Karen Dinino
- Realities of the Dreaming Mind by Swami Sivananda Radha
- When I Was a Loser: True Stories of (Barely) Surviving High School edited by John McNally
- Writing Begins with the Breath: Embodying Your Authentic Voice by Laraine Herring
What did you find in your mailbox this past week? For other Mailbox Monday posts, head over to MariReads.