Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Similar Covers: Birds on a Wire

It’s been a while since I posted a “similar covers”post—I didn’t do a single one in February. (It doesn’t help that my computer crashed, and my whole collection of potential similar covers is currently on a backup drive.) Anyhoo... As my sister Brogan pointed out in a comment on my review of Lonely: Learning to Live with Solitude by Emily White, Lonely has a similar cover to The Lucky Ones by Rachel Cusk. A quick Google search revealed a third lookalike cover, this time for a CD entitled (not surprisingly) Birds on a Wire, Volume 1.




Have you come across any other “birds on a wire” covers?

Edited to add:
As both Brogan and commenter DDay pointed out, Gossip of Starlings by Nina de Gramont also features birds on wires on its cover. I’ve added it above.

7 comments:

  1. Great finds! I'm not crazy about any of those covers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry to hear about your computer. Am just trying to figure out the connection between birds on the wire and " The Lucky Ones".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These covers are incredibly similar!
    __________________________________________

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, computer crashes are just awful. I hope you're able to recover all your covers. I love when you do these. Not wild about the birds on wire covers. I wonder if there's a similar tone to each work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are pretty covers- and yes, very similar! i think publishers are definitely running out of ideas, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love this segment of your blog. The covers always makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's another one: Gossip of the Starlings by Nina De Gramont (picture at http://booktopia.blogspot.com/2008/03/gossip-of-starlings.html

    ReplyDelete