Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Similar Covers: Woman, Suitcase, Road... (Part 2)

Remember how The Girl She Used to Be ran along the same road as she was Leaving Unknown? (Hmm, I’m not sure this trying to be clever with the book titles is working for me.) Anyway I’ve spotted her on another cover: The Best of Times by Penny Vincenzi.



As I mentioned in my previous post, The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano was first published in March 2009 by Grand Central Publishing (a division of Hachette), while Leaving Unknown by Kerry Reichs came out in March 2010 with Avon (a Harper Collins imprint). The Best of Times just came out this June with Anchor (a division of Random House).

Edited to add:
I nearly forgot to mention that I found the third cover above in a post called “Book Jacket Twins” at Pass It On. Check out other lookalikes there!

10 comments:

  1. How do you find these similar covers? I would find it difficult to come up with books that look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the picture is the same, photoshopped a little bit, in the last two covers. Great discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't digital imaging amazing. I think the third one is the most appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks this week!! There's something about a woman and a suitcase that grabs my attention and imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious! I actually have a post about this (only with different covers) coming on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. Cute that the titles almost make a sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like those word games where you have to change one letter each time to get from one word to the last, except with photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great eye! i actually had someone mention to me that the cover of the girl she used to be is similar to leaving unknown in my leaving unknown review, but i didn't even see the similarity with best of times until now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great catch! I wonder what IS down that road? And why doesn't that suitcase look heavier?

    ReplyDelete