- House Rules: A Memoir by Rachel Sontag
- Alva and Irva: The Twins Who Saved a City by Edward Carey
- The Mammoth Book of Lesbian Short Stories edited by Emma Donoghue*
- Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje
- Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters
I included both covers of House Rules in part for the sake of symmetry, but also because I feel like the mood of each cover is very different, despite the fact that both use the same image. (I much prefer the black-and-white version.)
Interestingly enough, after I’d prepared this post last week, I noticed that Jacket Whys had featured six other covers similar to these in a post called “Skin.”
*I’m hoping to meet Emma Donoghue at BEA later today when she will be signing copies of her latest book, Room.