Monday, May 10, 2010

More Book Loot: Another Not So Mailbox Monday (May 10)

I can’t resist a library book sale, so I went to another one this past week. Although the selection was disappointing, I still came home with six books (and only spent $5)!

Here are their covers:




The books are:
  1. Coming into Eighty by May Sarton
  2. The Family Tree by Carol Cadwalladr
  3. Letters from Maine by May Sarton
  4. Lost Gospels by Lorri Neilsen Glenn
  5. The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions by Paula Gunn Allen
  6. Threshold: Six Women, Six Poets edited by Rona Murray
Four of these books are poetry books (the four outer ones), which they were selling for 50 cents each. (How could I resist?) Are you a book sale junkie too?

What did you find in your mailbox this past week? For other Mailbox Monday posts, head over to Marcia’s blog, The Printed Page.

11 comments:

  1. It looks like you found some great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to a book sale this Thursday and since I'm a gold card library member I
    Get first dibs. I love book sales because of the great deals, but I still have unread books from the last sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those library books sales cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great finds. the Maine one looks good. i read The Family Tree, but was not crazy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love a library sale.

    Liking the new look Avis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get a little thrill when I go to a book sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though you've written that others haven't missed much from the book sale, it looks like you've gotten good deals.

    Oh, and yes! I'm a book sale junky! =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love used book sales! It is impossible to not feel a great sense of contentment when you can get so many book for only $5!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never pass up a library sale!! :) I think over the past year I've added 50+ books to my shelves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have A Journal of A Solitude by May Sarton and I have heard such good things about it. I wasn't sure that she had other books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May Sarton- wonderful. I saw one of her first editions in a shop recently. very cool.

    ReplyDelete