Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Simple Things

I don’t usually post more than once a day (heck, these days I don’t usually post once a day!), but I saw this on Life with a Little One, who got it from Soul Aperture, and I couldn’t resist. It’s for a good cause too. As Christina says on Soul Aperture: “January can be a tough month for some of us. The blahs, the rain, the snow, trying to make sense of the world. It’s time we show January who’s boss! Let’s show what we appreciate, and what we are grateful for, no matter how big or small these things may seem.” For every blog that posts today, Christina’s family will donate $1 to the Doctors Without Borders Haiti relief efforts, up to a max of $250!

So here’s my humble list:
  1. cuddling with Cairo (see pic below)
  2. playing Carcassonne with my partner, Mr. B
  3. funny stories my sisters email me about their kids (aged 4 and 7)
  4. long hot showers
  5. B’s omelets
  6. a book that keeps me up half the night
  7. Cocoa Camino chili and spice hot chocolate
  8. homemade gluten-free birthday cake (I’m anticipating; my birthday is next week!)
What simple things are helping you beat the winter blahs?


It’s best to cuddle with Cairo after she’s warmed herself up...

13 comments:

  1. i'm addicted to long hot showers too...sweet list here.

    glad you posted twice today ;)

    one love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book that keeps me up half the night..oh me too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love a book deep into the night.

    happy birthday early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice post. It's always good to remember what's really important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes. a book that keeps me up is a special thing indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't you love books like that?! i love your list.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful list and a great reminder of what's really important ... the "little" things make a BIG impact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I'd found this sooner, it's a great idea. I'm with you on the book one. My 'review' of The Blue Flower is finally up-mine are rarely long and I am sooo sick right now I could scream. But it gives you an idea. Thanks for asking for it.

    http://freshinkbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/blue-flower-by-penelope-lively.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could answer your question. I am going through major BLAHS right now. Friend stuff has me down and when that happens I get all deep and start pondering life too much. I can't wait for this month to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you've helped to beat January's butt a little bit with this great list! And how thoughtful of Cairo to warm herself up a bit before cuddling.

    And a book that keeps you up half the night ... what we all seek!

    Glad you decided to join in ... I thought it was a wonderful idea and for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely list!
    Good book, green tea with mint, candles, those are some of my small things. :)

    Greetings,
    Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this idea of Christina's such fun? I love how many of us are roaming the blogroads stopping to say hello here and there. So, hello to you. Happy almost-Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your HUMBLE LIST! I'm thankful for a full refrigerator, warm home, loving family, 4 sweet cats and good health to name a few things.

    ReplyDelete