Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Books Bought + Teaser Tuesday
(November 3)

As unbelievable as this may sound, in between my two book fairs last week, I actually went into a secondhand book store and bought two more books: Probability Moon by Nancy Kress and The Evolution of Jane by Cathleen Schine. As if I needed more books!

The Books Bought meme is hosted by Cindy at Cindy’s Love of Books.


_______________________________________________

Teaser Tuesday button
Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event.


My modified rules are as follows:

Grab your current read. Pick two or three “teaser” sentences more or less at random from the book, anywhere on the page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your teaser from… that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! (Please avoid spoilers!) (Read the official Teaser Tuesday rules.)

My teaser:

“She didn’t feel sober enough for O’Connor, so she continued beyond Park Town, walking the things that Mark had told her like dogs on a leash. Walking and walking and wishing that she could bend down and loosen the collars of her thoughts and slip free of them. But she couldn’t; they stayed with her, walking obediently at her heel” (pp. 282-283).

This is from Bloodless Shadow by Victoria Blake.

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand! Acquiring books is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the problem...by purchasing second hand books you are recycling, so in a way you are helping to save the world! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I love the idea of "walking" your thoughts around with you, like pets. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might not "need" them but they sure make great company!!! I feel your pain :)

    Loved that teaser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful teaser! I really feel for the poor girl!

    I find that the more books I purchase, the more I want to purchase....I become almost driven! I read a wonderful book by Cathleen Shine years ago, I just thought of it when I saw the book you bought! I'm going to have to look that one up.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O_o I have a copy of this book, but I have yet to read it. I hope it's a good read! =)

    ReplyDelete