Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays (January 27)


Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event.

My modified rules are as follows:

Grab your current read. Pick two or three “teaser” sentences more or less at random from the book, anywhere on the page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your teaser from… that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! (Please avoid spoilers!) (Read the official Teaser Tuesday rules.)

My teaser:


“I watched a man throw a blue Frisbee into the air like a boomerang; it came straight back to the exact place where he stood. Sometimes things worked exactly the way you wanted—kites flew, Frisbees came back—but often, they didn’t” (p. 128).*

This is from The Only True Genius in the Family by Jennie Nash.

*Note that this quote comes from an ARC and therefore may have been changed for final printing.

12 comments:

  1. Isn't that the truth - sometimes things just don't go as expected. Great Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book cover looks very appealing. Kites and frisbees work if you know how to use them but they take practice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book! If only things worked out more often...my teaser is posted now also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser and a new blog to read and check out. Thanks - seems like you have a lot of fun things here to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser. I'm not quite at that page yet. I'm enjoying the book though, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the teaser - it sounds like an interesting and insightful book. Hope it is good.

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Lisa, that's exactly right!

    BooksPlease, the cover of the ARC doesn't looks anything like this one, unfortunately: it's just plain yellow with print on it!

    Beth, Jo-Jo, Lisa, Dar and Wendi, thanks for commenting! I checked out all your teasers too!

    Thanks for popping by, Bogsider; I'm glad to hear you're enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added this to my Friday Finds a few weeks ago ... the other quote I saw was something about a woman pouring another glass of wine in response to a question she didn't want to answer.

    My teaser is here... also a little bit of reflection on expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dawn, I think I may know who the other person was who posted a teaser from this book! Could it have been Dar at Peeking Between the Pages? The teaser you're referring to sounds like hers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that was me Dawn. Same book. I'll have my review of it up tomorrow. I've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete