Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Reading challenge 4: LibraryThing Author Challenge

I’m so happy Dawn at She Is Too Fond of Books is hosting the LibraryThing Author Challenge again! This is the fourth challenge I join this year. The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2009, and Dawn asks that we commit to reading at least five books by LibraryThing Authors. I have several on my shelves from last year’s challenge that I still haven’t read, plus a few more I’ve acquired since:
There are others on my wish list that I’d like to read (if I manage to acquire them sometime this year):
Check out my results for last year’s LT Author Challenge.
_______________________________________________

Books read and reviewed for this challenge:
This list will be updated throughout the year.

1. Love and Other Natural Disasters by Holly Shumas
2. Crossed Wires by Rosy Thornton
3. Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing this again too this year. I've just reviewed Tomato Girl this week, so one done. I haven't written up a post for the challenge yet. I'm trying to catch up with all the challenge posts but I'll get there. I reviewed Midwife,Hovering Flight,Months and Seasons, and Guernica in 2008. Happy reading in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra, and congrats on getting a review posted already! I've actually got two books I read in November and December that could have qualified for this challenge, but I only wrote the reviews this month (and haven't posted them yet). Ah well. I haven't read your review for Tomato Girl, but I will once I've read the book! Good luck with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avis - I'm so glad you're joining us again.

    I'll agree with Sandra on *Tomato Girl* - this is an excellent book (difficult at times, but that is part of why it's so powerful).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dawn! I hope a few more folks join us this year, now that it's a year-long challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just peeking in to see how you're doing with the challenge. I don't see many comments or reviews link left over at the challenge. I hope others haven't forgotten about it. Dawn will probably do a half year update about it. I hope you got to Tomato Girl and Mudbound, they are both excellent stories in my book. And Midwife is good too-I reviewed it and Tomato Girl and In Hovering Flight. I hope you get a copy of that last one, it was good. I've read my five for the challenge (only one review though) but will no doubt read more. I just got a copy of Belong to Me and saw that she's an LT author too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, thank you so much for commenting on this post, which reminded me that I needed to update it (and report back to Dawn)! Yeah, I noticed that there wasn't a lot of activity on her blog, but hopefully there are others like me who are doing the challenge but neglecting to let her know! I definitely must read both Mudbound and Tomato Girl this year (since I have both of them!). And I just finished Belong to Me and absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete