Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays (October 14)


Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event.

My modified rules are as follows:

Grab your current read. Pick two or three “teaser” sentences more or less at random from the book, anywhere on the page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your teaser from… that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! (Please avoid spoilers!) (Read the official Teaser Tuesday rules.)

My teaser:

“Late into the evening the words became a boat on which we floated, out past the cornfields covered over with snow, out past the murmet unclothed and barren but for the drifts wrapped round it. Out beyond great marbled stones that slept under ice until the warming action of the earth in spring forced them tumbling to the surface” (pp. 151-152).

This is from The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent.

7 comments:

  1. This one is on my reading list...hope to get to it before the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second teaser I've seen on this one today-I have got to make time to read it because these teasers are sure tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yasmin and Dar, this is a fabulous book (I just finished it last night)! It's definitely my top book of the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avis, reading your teaser reminded me how beautifully descriptive the writing in this book is.

    I'm looking forward to your review and knowing what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh - I just started this book! It is great so far - glad it still sounds great where you found the teaser!

    Here's my first teaser post:
    http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-kushiels-mercy-by.html

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed The Heretic's Daughter.
    Thanks for the heads-up about Ian McEwan's other film adapted works- I appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shana, Wendi and Marie, my review is coming soon!

    Glad to be of help, Marie. You can always check that type of thing at IMDb (the Internet Movie Database). If you look up McEwan, you can see which of his books and stories have been adapted into movies.

    ReplyDelete