Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Finds!


Friday Finds is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.




I’m interested in family history and fascinated by secrets, so when I read Heather’s review of The Pages in Between: A Holocaust Legacy of Two Families, One Home by Erin Einhorn over at Age 30+... A Lifetime of Books, I knew I had to add this book to my wish list!



One of these days I’ll get around to writing more and although I don’t think I’ll write a memoir per se, I do tend to write about my life (when I do write), so Shimmering Images: A Handy Little Guide to Writing Memoir by Lisa Dale Norton sounds right up my alley. I discovered this book by reading Jessica’s review at The Bluestocking Society.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I really do think Shimmering Images is a great book for everyone who wants to write about their life at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pages in Between was on my list this week, too, Avis; Marie at Boston Bibliophile did a review too.

    Shimmering Images looks very good. I've always thought it would be fun to write a memoir, if only my life were a bit more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pages in Between does sound interesting.
    I enjoy reading the occasional memoir but I don't think I have it in me to write my own. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, Jessica! I must admit I've got quite a collection of that type of book, but I love reading them (even if I still don't do that much writing!).

    Shana, I confess it was your Friday Finds that reminded me of the review I'd seen over at Heather's blog... I'll have to pop over to Marie's to read her review as well.

    I know what you mean, Tanabata, I can't really imagine writing a memoir either. My ambition (if I can even call it that) runs more towards personal essays, which seem a more manageable length!

    ReplyDelete