Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mailbox Monday (July 28) – a day late

Here it is Tuesday and somehow I’ve not only let a whole week slip by without posting a single review, but I’ve also missed Mailbox Monday by a day. But I figure better late than never, so here it goes...

Soon after posting my last blog entry, I finally received my Penguins Classics book The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English. Way back when (in early May), Penguin Classics was giving away free books (something like 1400 of them) in exchange for a review posted on their blog. Foolishly I thought I might get something by Henry James or Charles Dickens or some other more obscure 19th century writer. Instead, I received an email letting me know I’d be getting The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English, which I feel completely unqualified to read, let alone review! But I said I would, so I’ll do my best.

On a happier note, just yesterday I received a beautiful hardcover copy of The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden, which I’d failed to snag from LibraryThing’s Early Reviewer program. It has been getting good reviews on LT, so I’m looking forward to reading it.

I promise I will post some reviews (and more) here soon!

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Richest Season...I'll be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if only I can get around to reading it...!

    ReplyDelete